I suggest you ...

Provice access to campus research information - who is doing what where...

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Zach LymZach Lym commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the poster had originally envisioned some sort of registration service, although automatic linking of semantic info from authored papers would be helpful. Personally, I am just finding people in the sociology department who are working in the same area I work in over in the psychology department.

• indoleringindolering commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think integrating with ResearchGate would be more effective, Scival seems bureaucratic...

• Shawn MederoShawn Medero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am wondering how the original poster envisioned this idea would work. What level of specificity would be useful? Are you just trying to obtain a list of researchers working in a fairly high level "large problem space"? Are you trying to get specific details about researchers tied to funding source? Do you want a text mining service that is crawling and indexing all of the papers being written by researchers at UW? There are a lot of ways to tackle the question described and I wouldn't begin to know how to crack this nut without some more detailed use cases.

Feedback and Knowledge Base